Whole30 Crock Pot Chili Recipe
- 2 lbs. of ground beef or turkey
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 red and 1 green bell pepper both diced
- 1 cup of carrots finely diced
- 1 cup of celery diced
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 1 28- oz can of organic crushed or stewed tomatoes
- 1 14- oz can of organic diced tomatoes
- 1 15- oz can of organic tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 1 tablespoon of basil
- 2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne
Garnish (optional but highly recommended!)
- 4 strips of cooked bacon crumbled
- 1 or 2 avocados diced
Sauté onions and garlic together in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Add in ground beef (or turkey) to the saucepan and cook just until browned. Drain excess fat.
Transfer the cooked onions, garlic and meat to your crockpot/slow-cooker
Add all the above vegetables and spices (except garnish ingredients) to the crockpot, give the pot a good stir.
Set crockpot to LOW, cover, and slow cook for about 6 hours
Spoon into individual bowls. Garnish with crumbled bacon and avocado slices, if desired. Serve hot and enjoy!
Adjust jalepeño, cayenne and chili powder to suit your own personal taste. As written, the recipe is moderately spicy.