Aunt Linell's Crab Loaf
An easy to prepare crab dip for any kind of social soirée. Looks great plated, set on some greens. Use with any sort of vegetable or cracker.
- 1 can 6-1/2 oz.crab meat
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 3 oz packages of Cream Cheese
- 1 small onion (chopped fine)
- 1 envelope gelatin
- 3/4 cup salad dressing (or mayo)
- Warm Cream of Mushroom soup in a pan, add cream cheese then mix till smooth. In a seperate bowl, mix 1 tablespoon cold water with gelatin then add to the soup mixture.
- Remove from heat. Add onions. Mix in celery and crab. Stir in salad dressing, pour into mold and chill 12 hours.