No sugar, no grain, no dairy
- ------ For the spice rub:
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon course sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ------ For crock pot:
- 2 pounds bone-in pork shoulder
- 1/4 cup water
In a small mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the spice rub and mix well.
Massage the spice rub all over the meat. Wrap tightly in a double layer of plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours and up to 48 hours.
Unwrap the meat and place it in a slow cooker. Add the water and turn the slow cooker to low. Cook for 8 to 10 hours, until the meat is fork tender.
With the pork still in the slow cooker, use 2 forks to pull it apart.