Chicken Rice Salad for a crowd
One of my go to recipe's for a larger crowd, such as a wedding reception or bridal shower. Delicious and easy to make ahead and store in top zip bags before time to serve.
- 6 cups cooked rice cooled
- 4 cups boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked & chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup celery sliced or cut into small chunks
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup green onions diced
- 1 cup Best Foods Mayonnaise
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 2 packages of Good Seasons Italian Dressing
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup cashews coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- 1/2 head of lettuce for presentation
In mixing bowl combine cooked, cooled rice, chopped chicken, celery, olives and green onions. Combine mayo, dressing, soup and oil; add to other ingredients to coat. Cover and Chill. Before serving, add cashews and toss again. Add just "dressing" by adding more Cream of Chicken soup if too dry.
Serve in lettuce-lined salad bowl for pretty presentation.
Personal note: I use short or long grain rice for this recipe. Sticky rice seems to breakdown in the stirring process faster.