Montez’s Birthday Party Cupcakes
Deliciously moist, and super easy! These freeze well also.
- 1 box (15oz devils food cake mix)
- 1 box (5.9oz chocolate pudding dry)
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 8 oz. sour cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In a large bowl combine the cake mix, chocolate puddingand chips. Stir until combined.
- Next mix in eggs, canola oil and water.
- Finally mix in the sour cream. Mix until smooth.
- Pour cake batter into cupcake liners about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until they spring back when touched, or test with a toothpick to make sure the centers are cooked all the way through. Don’t over cook.
- Remove from oven and allow the cupcakes to cool on a cooling rack.
- Frost with buttercream frosting.
Preparing and making these ahead of time helps make the birthday party preparations a bit less stressful. They should be taken out of the freezer about 2 hours before the festivities begin, and they will perfectly defrosted when the time for consumption arrives.
Note: I took time to figure out how much not to get an overly large cupcake top, and it makes frosting a bit easier. My first batch had a variety of sized cupcakes, all delicious, but it was harder to frost the larger topped ones.
Frost with your favorite buttercream frosting, in my opinion the BEST kind.