Easy easy breakfast casserole to make ahead. Travels well after baking also.
- ½ Cup Butter
- 10 Eggs
- ½ Cup Flour
- 1 Pint Cottage Cheese
- Dash of Salt
- 2 Ounces Green Chiles-diced
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 lb. Jack Cheese-Grated (can be part cheddar)
- ½ lb. Bacon – Fried crisp and crumbled
Add eggs to melted butter in large bowl. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix lightly. Add Chiles, Cheese and bacon.
Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan.
Bake 400° for 15 minutes . . .
. . .then reduce to 350° for 25 minutes.
Simple and easy, served with muffins and fresh fruit of the season, everyone at your table will enjoy this tasteful dish. Instead of serving this hot from the oven, I will often prepare it ahead of time and warm it up the next morning or freeze it, for those surprise quests.
- Once I used HOT green chiles on accident, don’t do that.
- I like 4oz of green chilis instead of 2oz also.
- “The Honey” likes Pepper Jack cheese for the added flavor.
- This unique egg casserole is a must when you are having overnight guests.