Sugar Bar Cookies
Easy bar sugar cookies that can quickly be pulled together and plate extremely well. With different color variations for any themed shower, party or activity, this recipe is extremely versatile.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 TBS sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 TBS butter (softened)
- 3 TBS milk
- 1 TBS vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3-5 drops food coloring
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine your flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together your butter and sugar for about 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in your egg, sour cream and vanilla and mix till combined.
- Slowly add in your flour mixture while stirring until everything is combined. (The dough will be crumbly)
Press the batter into a greased 9×13 baking dish and spread it out evenly with your hands or a rubber spatula. I like to use a quarter baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until edges just barely start to turn golden.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Mix together all your ingredients for your frosting until creamy.
- Add in desired amount of food coloring.
Spread frosting evenly over cooled cookie bars.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Original Recipe at Like Mother, Like Daughter
The sprinkles in the photos are from ‘Sugar Plum Sprinkles’ featured at Fancy Sprinkles