Pulled Pork Nachos
Simply put, a NO sugar, NO grain, NO dairy recipe that is full of great flavor and better than delicious. Most of these items can be prepared ahead of time and assembled quickly just prior to mealtime.
- 3 small sweet potatoes or yams (about 14 ounces) thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1 pinch coarse sea salt
- 4 ounces bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 pound shredded Slow Cooker Pulled Pork (link is below)
- 1/4 cup Easy Guacamole (link is below)
- 1/4 cup Pico de Gallo (link is below)
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro, roughly chopped for garnish
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place the sliced sweet potatoes in a mixing bowl, pour the coconut oil over the top , turn and coat the sweet potatoes in the oil. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt.
Place the sweet potatoes on the prepared baking sheet, making sure not to overlap them. Bake for 25 minutes or util slightly browned.
While the sweet potatoes are roasting, cook the bacon in a medium cast-iron skillet over medium heat until more or less crispy. Remove the pan from the heat and use a slotted spoon to transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Remove the bacon fat, leaving behind 1 tablespoon in the bottom of the skillet.
When the sweet potatoes are done, remove them from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
Line the bottom of the greased cast-iron skillet with half of the potatoes. Then add half of the shredded pork on top. Repeat with the rest of the sweet potatoes and shredded pork. Sprinkle the bacon on the top along with a pinch of salt. Place in the oven to bake for 10 minutes.
Serve topped with guacamole and pico de gallo. Finish with a sprinkling of chopped cilantro.