Hot Chocolate Kisses
For Valentines Day I rediscovered one of my favorite treats and shared them with just about everyone. Including outlaws and anyone that I ran into at the gym. (Interestingly, they were VERY receptive at the gym about my treats)
Not sure where I discovered these yummy things. Easy to make, if you are prepared with everything ready to go before assembling. A small lesson I learned along the way.
- 6 oz dark chocolate bits
- 2 ½ sticks ((12tbsp.) Unsalted butter)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- OTHER ITEMS:
- 1 lb Fresh or frozen phyllo dough thawed ((one box will do two batches))
- ½ cup hot fudge sauce ((I make mine from extra chocolate chips, cream and Karo syrup))
- powdered sugar
- Step One:
- Combine chocolate, butter, and sugar in a microwaveable bowl. Melt butter and stir after 1 minute. Repeat again for another 30 sec, until soft and well mixed.
- Transfer to a medium sized bowl. Combine rest of ingredients until blended smooth. Use a wire whip. It looks very similar to cake batter.
- Step Two:
- Melt some butter for the phyllo dough, and have it have it ready along with a pastry brush.
- Unwrap and unfold phyllo dough and place on a clean work surface. (I cut the phyllo dough in half BEFORE taking it out of the package then unfold just one half of the dough)
- Cut phyllo dough in half lengthwise and then again horizontally , into quarters. Working quickly, place a phyllo on a work surface, and brush with butter.
- Continue with two or three more squares, stacking the squares in an even pile and brushing with butter.
- Step Three:
After brushing 3 or 4 sheets then gently ease the stack of dough into a muffin cup. Mine always tear, but that is OK. Just patch together the best you can, or use a small buttered piece torn off from another sheet to patch up the tear.
- Fill with one/fourth cup of batter. Top with a teaspoon of fudge sauce. You might enjoy a heaping teaspoon, like I do.
- Gather overhanging dough around filling and gently twist to close.
Brush tops of kisses with butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Let kisses rest in pans for 10 minutes.
Gently remove from pans and dust with powdered sugar.
Best served warm and gooey…….