These are great make ahead delights for when you need to make goodies baskets for friends and loved ones.
Cookie Dough Truffles
- 1/2 cup Butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 pounds dark chocolate candy coating (coarsely chopped)
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour, alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Loosely cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth.
- Dip balls in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes. If desired, remelt remaining candy coating and drizzle over candies. Store in the refrigerator.
Yield: 5-1/2 dozen. Originally published as Cookie Dough Truffles in Taste of Home December/January 2005, p28
Leave a Reply